Wednesday 29 February 2012

Saturday Morning Breakfast Club

Saturday morning breakfast/brunch- where to go? 

Ard Bia is one of those places I've walked by more than a dozen times and methodically thought to myself "I must go in there sometime". So, when considering where to eat last weekend, decided to try it out. Located within Nimmo's building behind the Spanish Arch, it is an authentically cool spot. 


We were served decent sized portions of tasty food, amid a mellow atmosphere with homely wooden furnishings, decent background music and great river views. My somewhat fragile head, slightly shaken from Friday night's excess, demanded carbs and coffee. I ordered the toasted sourdough sandwich with fried egg, wilted spinach, grilled mushroom and tomato chutney with a strong Americano. My companion went full hog with the 'McGeough's lovely full fry', and graciously shared her bacon with me. 

Both breakfasts and two coffees cost €19. Overall it was worth the detour from the usual Quay St. shuffle, although the waitress did seem like she needed a hug.

***

No comments:

Post a Comment